Full course description
Important Registration Notice
Currently, we can only accept Visa and MasterCard payments. We are working with our payment provider to also accept American Express and Discover. Please check back soon if you must register with American Express or Discover cards.
1.5 HOURS OF SOCIAL WORK CONTINUING EDUCATION
This webinar will provide an overview of fiscal sponsorship, what it is, legal pitfalls, and how it can be used to help get grassroots projects off the ground. Fiscal sponsorship is an alternative to forming a traditional nonprofit corporation. In essence, it provides an opportunity for a small charitable project to piggy-back on the fiscal sponsor’s IRS status and pass certain overhead costs to the sponsor. This 90 minute webinar will cover:
- What fiscal sponsorship is
- When fiscal sponsorship is appropriate
- The Most Common Types of Fiscal Sponsorship & Examples
- Best Practices in Fiscal Sponsorship Arrangements.
- Considerations for Funders, Projects and Fiscal Sponsors
At the end of the webinar participants will:
- Have increased knowledge about the three main types of fiscal sponsorship.
- Have increased knowledge about the legal and operation issues involved with the three main types of fiscal sponsorship.
- Have increased knowledge about how fiscal sponsorship can be used to incubate and support grassroots projects.