Full course description
Important Registration Notice
Currently, we can only accept Visa and MasterCard payments. We are working with our payment provider to also accept American Express and Discover. Please check back soon if you must register with American Express or Discover cards.
1.5 HOURS OF SOCIAL WORK CONTINUING EDUCATION
This course will cover the essential information for social workers and others who are new board members or those who wish to serve a nonprofit in the future. 101 on 501s will feature a panel of attorneys who have experience at both large and grassroots organizations in a variety of different disciplines. The webinar will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of board members, including the basics of nonprofit corporate legal issues, including:
- Overview of board responsibilities, duty of care and duty of loyalty
- Understanding corporate formalities, including common quorum and voting issues
- 15 documents to review before joining a nonprofit
- Common compliance issues
- Mergers and informal partnership arrangements
At the end of the webinar participates will:
- Have increased knowledge about a Board of Director’s Duty of Care
- Have increased knowledge about a Board of Director’s Duty of Loyalty
- Have increased knowledge about common compliance issues
- Have increased knowledge about corporate formalities and responsibilities of a nonprofit Board of Directors
- Understand what important legal and tax documents to review prior to joining a new Board.