Full course description
Important Registration Notice
Currently, we can only accept Visa and MasterCard payments. We are working with our payment provider to also accept American Express and Discover. Please check back soon if you must register with American Express or Discover cards.
Dinnie Goldring, LCSW
4.5 HOURS OF SOCIAL WORK CONTINUING EDUCATION
This training will focus on understanding and working with both fetal loss and issues related to fertility. When someone becomes pregnant, there is often a sense of hopefulness and looking forward to the future. But when pregnancy loss occurs or it is difficult or impossible to get pregnant, loss becomes a significant part of the experience. This training will help participants understand the experience of loss before, during and after pregnancy as well as explore treatment that promotes healing. The the impact of race, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status will be woven into the training to help providers bring greater depth to the treatment they provide.
- Identify stages of grief during the perinatal period
- Identify and assess risk and protective factors related to perinatal loss
- Develop therapeutic tools for working with loss during the perinatal period
- Facilitate a healing process with clients experiencing loss or fertility issues
- Identify impact of race, gender, sexual orientation and SES on perinatal loss