Full course description
Important Registration Notice
Currently, we can only accept Visa and MasterCard payments. We are working with our payment provider to also accept American Express and Discover. Please check back soon if you must register with American Express or Discover cards.
Jessica Gurley MSW, LCSW
2.5 HOURS OF SOCIAL WORK CONTINUING EDUCATION
This course will define and explore white privilege in a variety of circumstances to help individuals recognize, communicate, and reduce it. We will also explore ways it impacts communities of black and brown people and professionals. Last but not least, this course will provide information regarding common themes, defense mechanisms, and cognitive conditions associated with white privilege.
- Define and Identify White Privilege.
- Communicate White Privilege to others in a way that is both effective and informed.
- Apply activities and information used in this course to teach others about White Privilege.
- Identify associated distortions related to white privilege.
- Use White Privilege to help advance, protect, and lessen the disparities and improve the opportunities of BIPOC people; if applicable.